Rarely, we see problems in Panasonic Lumix digital cameras, but it does not relate the memory card error problem to the camera. It may happen because the memory card may be corrupted. This problem is not only common for cameras, but it’s originally a memory card problem. That’s why we are here to let you know about How to format memory card on Panasonic Lumix camera.
Solving this problem requires formatting the SD card. You can format the Panasonic camera, not reading SD card, using another device that is not a Panasonic device. Also, keeping it in Panasonic Lumix, formatting the SD card is possible.
So here, would like to let you know about the process of Panasonic SD card formatter and when it is detectable that the Panasonic camera SD card needs to be formatted.
How do you know the Memory Card needs to be Formatted?
Panasonic Lumix memory card error message is the sign which confirms that your SD card needs to be formatted. Detect the tab on the side of the camera memory card and slide it up to resolve the write-protected problem. Now check the memory card again. If it continues to show the error message, then it must format the Panasonic corrupted SD card.
Sometimes we format our Panasonic SD card for no reason and after that, it shows an error message. It’s because the Panasonic SD card requires to be formatted with the compatible devices for Panasonic.
How to format memory card on Panasonic Lumix camera
Before formatting your Panasonic Lumix SD card, don’t forget to back up all your SD card data in cloud storage. We are giving instructions about Panasonic Lumix but you can format the SD card of any camera following this process. Some cameras follow different paths to reach the format options but don’t worry about it, the user manual and the manufacturer’s website have all the information you need.
- Charge up the camera fully, make sure it is fully charged.
- Now turn off the camera and insert the SD card into the slot.
- Now turn on the camera.
- Go to the Menu.
- Select “Setup”
- Now choose the “Format Memory Card” option. Here, for some other cameras, we see there are two SD card slots. So be careful while selecting the SD card. There will be options as Slot-1 and Slot-2. We recommend you to put off SD card for accidental formatting.
- Now the SD card will get formatted.
- Wait until the format is done. It will take a few minutes. Now use it after a restart.
Formatting Using your Computer
Panasonic Lumix has no option for formatting the SD card on the PC. But obviously, you can format the SD card in another Panasonic camera. Don’t forget, Panasonic SD cards don’t get formatted in non-Panasonic compatible devices. Here is the process sequence-
- Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on your PC.
- Go to “This PC” or “My computer”
- Now right click on the SD card folder and select “Format”
- There will be a warning message and click on “OK”.
- Thus, your SD card will be formatted.
How to Get Rid of Write-Protected problem of Panasonic Lumix Memory Card
The write-protected message will come on display. This is how everyone detects the memory card protected. Also, the camera doesn’t allow any photos and videos while the memory is protected.
- “This memory is write-protected”. Under this message there is an icon of the SD, card which shows a small red marked tab. All you need is to push the tab up.
- Now power off the camera.
- Now pull the one sided door of SD card and push in the SD card from the dedicated slot and remove it.
- Now find out the little tab. Surely it will be on the downside as the memory is write protected. So just push up the little tab upward and the memory card is now totally unlocked.
01. How do I format my SD card on Panasonic Lumix?
– Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on your PC.
-Go to “This PC” or “My computer”
-Now right click on the SD card folder and select “Format”
-There will be a warning message and click on “OK”.
-Thus your SD card will be formatted.
02. How do I format my camera memory Card?
Formatting an SD card means deleting all the data and photos and videos you have on your SD card. We consider formatting is the best way to resolve any kind of problem with a memory card. Formatting can be done using the built-in camera option or manually on the pc.
03. Why does my camera say card not formatted?
-It happens if your memory card is corrupted or if there is any virus in your memory card. Still, the SD card is inaccessible without a format. To overcome a problem:
–Insert the memory card on the SD card slot of your pc.
–Now go to Disc Management.
–Now find your Camera’s SD card on the right panel.
–Right-click on the Memory Card and choose “Format”.
–Now set the volume label, file system, and allocation unit size.
–Now click okay and the memory card will be formatted.
How to format memory card on Any camera A Short Video
If you capture a lot of photos and frequently transfer those images to your PC and format your SD card frequently, then the SD card operates smoothly and doesn’t get corrupted. That’s why ruler formatting is an important thing to consider for a camera memory card.
Another suggestion for you guys, if someone wants your memory card and you don’t want to risk your own captured photos, because recovery of the memory card can easily bring out the images you deleted. To get rid of these problems, double format the SD card and then Make it full with public domain photos and again format it.
Recommended Reading For Filminglab Readers
Hey guys! You can call me Terry E. Collin.
I spend most of my leisure time on Top Brand Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Camera, Camcorder And, Lens
Let’s share some of them one by one in this blog For FilmingLab Audience